Senior Software Engineer
PanGeo Subsea Inc.
PanGeo Subsea Inc. is a marine geophysical-geotechnical service delivery company specializing in high resolution 3D acoustic imaging solutions to mitigate risk in offshore installations by imaging and identifying geohazards in the seabed and providing detailed soil stratigraphy. Our corporate head office is in NL with operations led from our offices in Dartmouth, NS and Aberdeen, Scotland. Our team of geoscientists and engineers have an extensive track record in advanced technology projects in the area of sub-seabed acoustic imaging.
In anticipation of future projects for equipment enhancements and R&D, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support activities in our Mount Pearl office. This will include support in the maintenance and upgrade of current equipment, the development of the next generation components and potential offshore technical support.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for:
- Participation in the formulation and documentation of functional and technical requirements
- Participation in and overseeing software designs (internal or contract based)
- Participation in project planning
- Participation and working with a team to perform and manage software development, test procedures, documentation etc.
- Implementation of software and documentation of practices that are consistent with quality standards adopted by the employer
- Participation in the supervision of technical staff or software contractors
- Supporting fundamental scientific investigations as required
- Associated fieldwork
- Adherence to quality standards adopted by the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 8+ years’ work experience
- Must be proficient in Linux and Windows based system development
- Extensive experience with Java, Python, C++, CUDA, MATLAB, TCL and other programming languages
- Must be familiar with programming for various microprocessors/micro-controllers
- Must have experience with Networking, and various serial data protocols
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities are essential
- Ability and passion for learning new technologies
- Self-motivated and ability to work well independently
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and can deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- Familiarization with Git archiving considered an asset
If you are keen to take initiative and make an impact within a growing company, we would love to hear from you. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit your CV to Career Beacon Apply: Software Engineer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com